[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport and file too big

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Tue Dec 7 20:24:05 UTC 2004

nate s <nate.strickland at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've heard of problems with transfering files over 2 gb via ssh, but
> are you implying it poses a 2 gb limit on STDIO?  Or on the filesize
> you can write?  That does seem like insanity.  If indeed that is the
> problem, you might google around for it; I remember there were
> workarounds.

I don't think the original problem had anything to do with ssh at ALL.  He
wasn't trying to put > 2G through stdio either.  He was trying to run lvemux.
Hence, ssh is completely irrelevant.  If lvemux can't handle > 2G files it is
because it wasn't compiled with LFS.  The file accesses in processes doesn't
depend in any way on the shell that started it last I heard.  The shell gets
forked, then the process *replaces* the forked shell in memory.

If ssh won't let you scp > 2G files, it too wasn't compiled with LFS.

It's pretty simple conceptually :)

Ciao
Gavin