[mythtv-users] Replacing KDE with Ratpoison

Damon Searle djsearle at netspace.net.au
Wed Dec 8 12:09:39 UTC 2004

This is what I normally do on FC2.

create a mythtv desktop session:
cat > /usr/share/xsessions/mythtv.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=XSession
Exec=/usr/local/bin/mfeinit
Name=MythTV

ctrl-D
chmod +x /usr/share/xsessions/mythtv.desktop

cp /usr/share/xsessions/mythtv.desktop
/usr/share/gdm/BuiltInSessions/default.desktop

After that your default session should be mythtv, its probably not the best
way of doing it but it seems to work.

- Damon