[mythtv-users] 2.4 or 2.6 kernel?

Christian Traber christian at traber-net.de
Thu Dec 9 06:53:31 UTC 2004

Here on my box, 2.6 needs much more cpu to record a program than 2.4!

I have a Athlon XP 2400+ and I can record 2 programs at the same time
with my 2 cheap bttv cards. It uses about 80 % cpu with kernel 2.4.27.

I tried different 2.6 kernels (starting from 2.6.0 a year ago .... and
last month gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.9-r..) but they always need to much
CPU. The recording of 1 program already needs more than 50 % so I can't
record 2 programs at the same time:-(

Don't know if this is a special problem with bttv driver or a general
2.6 problem but in my case kernel 2.6 is unuseable with this bad
performance.

-
Christian