[mythtv-users] Component video adapters

Nathan Jones evilnathan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 19:26:10 UTC 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:06:18 -0600 (CST), Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:
> Just today I received an Audio Authority 9A60 VGA to component adapter
> that I had ordered from Pacific Custom Cable.  This box is a lot more
> expensive ($108) but it works with any VGA signal provided the appropriate
> monitor timings are used for the connected HDTV monitor.

I've had one of those for almost two years now and have been very
happy with it's performance.  In general I run at 720x480p, or
960x540p once in a while, but I haven't been able to get 1920x1080i
working, but I suspect that that's an ATI driver problem.  (a driver
problem?  From ATI?  You don't say!)

I might switch to an nvidia card when I upgrade my mythbox, as I've
heard of some people having more luck with various modelines than with
ATI.  But I haven't gotten around to it just yet.

Anyways, hope you enjoy it!  (and don't blow up your TV!)