[mythtv-users] [OT] Mailing Lists...

John Andersen jsa at video.homelinux.org
Fri Dec 10 05:10:08 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 14:23, Vince LaMonica wrote:
>  If they
> were to use an address on their own system, they would need to have their
> computer on 24 hours a day, and have their ISP provide them with a static
> IP address, and have an ISP that allows users to run mail servers. Most
> IPS require a small business class account to use such features.

My that certainly sounded authoritative.

False, but never the less impressive sounding.

I don't have a static IP.    (You ever hear of Dynamic DNS?)
I run my own MTA in my myth box. Why: Cuz I can!
MOST ISPs allow incoming smtp even if they block outgoing smtp.
Why would your myth box NOT be on 24/7?

--