[mythtv-users] DVB in the UK (EPG)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Dec 10 09:45:01 UTC 2004

In message <c0e9781f0412100127333d0816 at mail.gmail.com>
        Greg Cope <gregcope at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you shed any light about drivers for this card?

The VisionPlus that Scan have?

As far as I know they are supported. I haven't actually got any yet
but I am going to be ordering some soon unless I discover some reason
why I shouldn't.

They seem to more popular in Australia than here from what I've seen
so they should work - people have certainly mentioned them on this
list. They are listed at http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/CARDS
as well.

> How does it compare to a Hauppauge Nova-T as I have the non-remote on
> backorder with Scan, but these seen allot cheaper.

Indeed. It's hard to justify paying for the Hauppage, Nebula or
Pinnacle cards if the Twinhan one is going to work. The others might
have better Windows software but I don't care about that.

My main concern is actually which card is going to cope best with
a poor signal - my old Pioneer OnDigital box has a lot of trouble
with one of the Muxes and I'm hoping that a modern card will be a
bit better.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)