[mythtv-users] Re: New user and question about GPL

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 14:23:41 UTC 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 04:42:07 +0000 (UTC), Gavin Hurlbut
<gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca> wrote:
> Lane Schwartz <dowobeha at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This looks like a violation of the GPL.  Source must either be included
> > with the binaries (in which case, it need not be distributed to any
> > third parties), or *offered* to *"all third parties"* (everyone).
>
> Woohoo.  Looks like they think how I thought they did.

Yup. Although I was also partly right, in that a company *can* limit
the source to those who purchase the binaries. It's just that they
have to distribute the source with the binaries in order to do this.

--
Meetup with other Myth users!
http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/MUG