[mythtv-users] Re: Impossible to choose Motherboard?

Drew Zerdecki dzerdecki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 15:27:37 UTC 2004

Thanks for all the help!  At his point, no HD for me, but I do like
overkill so I usually price high and if can't muster the $$$ I step back.

1.  Is CPU (AMD/Intel) a matter of preference at this point?  I've
always had Intel with no problems?
2.  What about Intel socket types?  socket 468, lga 775.... Which?  Just
look for hyperthreading.
3.  Re chipsets, are they all fine by themselves it's just  that you
have to check for incompatibilities once you pick what else you are
going to get?

Thanks again.  I think I am going with a 5200 for s-video out (which
manufacturer?) and pvr-350's also just in case.  Or one 250 and one 350?

Too many questions for you????

Thanks!

Drew