[mythtv-users] LIRC & Home Brew IR Xmiter not Working

Babak Pasdar bpasdar at pasdar.com
Sat Dec 11 22:04:23 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have just brought online my installation of MythTV. For the most part all is
working however I cannot get LIRC to work as a second instance to change channels
on my Cable box via a homemade IR Blaster.

Some background:

I have a P4 w/ 1 Gig Ram
2x 80 Gig SATA w/ 3Ware Raid 1 (OS)
1x 250 Gig SATA for Myth Content
nVidia GForce 5700 w/ 256 Mb
Hauppauge PVR-250
Fedora Core 2 w/ most recent patches running 2.6.9-1.6 kernel.
My cable box is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4200

I have downloaded and successfully compiled a second instance of LIRC using JDS'
excellent howto and script located here:

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html

My problem is that my IR Blaster does not change channels. My homemade IR Blaster
seems to work -- at least when I put a normal led and tell it to change channels
it blinks. Also with an IR LED (Several actually) and using the "Camera Trick"
using the display of a digital camera see that the LED is blinking.

I am using lirc-0.7.0pre8 and made sure I uncommented the two lines in the
myth-ledxmit.sh script. All compiles and makes seem OK. I am using the code from
SA2000 in my /etc/ledxmit.conf. Several have verified that the SA2000 is
compatible with the SA4200HD. Only thing I can see that may be casuing the problem
is the following error I get when I load the modules (ledxmit_dev &
ledxmit_serial) for the second instance of LIRC.

Badness in sleep_on_timeout at kernel/sched.c:3022
[<022a689e>] sleep_on_timeout+0x5d/0xd0
[<021171fc>] default_wake_function+0x0/0xc
[<0211ea6f>] __request_region+0x84/0x8d
[<42e708e7>] init_port+0x1f0/0x254 [ledxmit_serial]
[<42e710f7>] init_module+0x33/0x89 [ledxmit_serial]
[<0212e8e0>] sys_init_module+0x116/0x238
ledxmit_serial: auto-detected active high receiver
ledxmit_dev: ledxmit_register_plugin:sample_rate: 0

I found one article googling that discusses this, however after applying the patch
provided and recompiling the problem persists. Here is the link to the article:

http://lists.atrpms.net/pipermail/atrpms-users/2004-November/001294.html

Any assistance in this matter is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Babak Pasdar
bpasdar1 !at! yahoo.com