[mythtv-users] Avermedia DVB-T 771 remote control problems

Jason Lewis jason at dickson.st
Sun Dec 12 08:06:19 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have an Avermedia DVB-T 771 and have managed to get the ir remote to
work somewhat under X. I acheived this by uncommenting the appropriate
line in the ir-kbd-gpio kernel module source.

The problem I have is that quite a number of keys don't do anything in X.
ie, when i test them using the xev program, nothing happens as though X
does not receive the key press, however when I test the keys using showkey
on a virtual  console, I get scan codes for all the keys.

So how can I make these extra keys do something in X?

Also, the up arrow and down arrow keys on the remote are reversed, I
thought i  could just fix that with xmodmap, but it seems as though they
have exactly the same scan codes as the keyboard's up and down arrow keys.
is there a way to seperate them in xmodmap?

Thanks,

Jason