[mythtv-users] Epia MII6K vs MII10K for a Frontend

Adam Felson a.f.6 at pobox.com
Sun Dec 12 16:34:06 UTC 2004

The 600 has 3/10's the floating point performance.  That cpu at equal
clock speed has 1/2 the FP performance.

The 600 can play mpeg2 streams *if* you get the unichrome drivers
working.  It cannot play mpeg4 streams so if your backend has a dumb
capture card with software mpeg4 compression, you'll have to transcode
the mpeg4 files.

I went with the 10000 because it can play mpeg2 and mpeg4 without using
the unichrome drivers.

Adam Felson <a.f.6 at pobox.com>