[mythtv-users] DVB in Guildford, UK...

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Mon Dec 13 12:15:56 UTC 2004

Julian Edwards wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 10:46, Jules Gosnell wrote:
>

>>I'm just starting out with MythTV.
>>
>>I've set up an unused box with a Nova-T DVB card, installed FC3 with a
>>dvb-friendly kernel etc...
>>
>>It took me a bit of messing around to get the card tuned in to my local
>>transmitter - Guildford.
>>
>>However, I am still short of a few Channels (ITV in particular).
>>
>>If anyone has a complete channels.conf (to use with zap2myth) or db
>>tables for this transmitter, or would like to collaborate on one/them, I
>>should be interested to hear from them.
>>

>I'm in Guildford also, and I've actually found it better to point at the
>Crystal Palace transmitter.

!!

>Can you get all the channels you want on a set-top box?  It's worth
>checking with something that you know will work as you may need to get
>an omniband aerial (you can tell what you have now by the colour of the
>plastic insert at the end - I think omnibands have black ones).

don't have a digibox, but will be laying my hands on one soon - I'll check.

I have to look into aerials anyway - I'll be moving the noisy tower out
of the front room, to make way for a quiet mini-itx,  and into my office
at the other end of the garden - this will need an aerial putting up...
Thanks for the advice.

>My Crystal Palace channels.conf attached for your reference.
>
>HTH

many thanks, I'll give it a whirl....

Jules