[mythtv-users] hauppauge 350 tvout no go!

Dave Ashmore pubmail at djash.com
Tue Dec 14 02:21:15 UTC 2004

Sorry for the following frustration but I have mythtv working in FC3 and
all is well recording.
Ok here goes my rant.
http://www.hauppauge.com/html/wintvpvr350_datasheet.htm
I would suggest users just buy the 250 as the X tvout does not seem to
work for me.
If I go to myth setup/utilities>playback use pvr-350 out.
I can in fact use the watch tv or playback a video and it does work with
poor color but I cannot ween myself from using a monitor. I want/need
pvr-350 tvout to display the X desktop. If I did not in fact have the
monitor plugged in I would not be able to use the mythfrontend menu.
lspci reports:
01:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
MPEG-2 Enc
oder (rev 01)

cat /var/log/messages |grep "iTVC15 TV out"
Reports:
Dec 13 20:38:34 mythbox kernel: ivtv-osd: fb0: iTVC15 TV out frame
buffer device
SO the way I see it "I" can't get this to work.
SO here is what I'm thinking.
One of the following:
Buy another graphics card and torture myself to possibly getting it to
work to display X desktop with tvout.
Getting an xbox and try to use it as a frontend.
Continue to try to get X desktop to display on the pvr-350 tvout.

Or could I possibly get a product like this display from vga to
component video and leave well enough alone?

Specifications for HD15 (VGA) Male to RCA x 3 Male, D / Shield, (VGA to
Component Video), 6 ft Part Number 10H1-50106
http://www.national-tech.com/specs/10h2-50106.htm
(I'm thinking this looks like the easiest way to go if it would in fact
work)

Does anyone have the pvr-350 displaying X desktop?
If so how?
Please advise.

Regards
Dave Ashmore