[mythtv-users] Very slight jitter on high power machine

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 06:23:58 UTC 2004

--- Doug Larrick <doug at ties.org> wrote:

> As far as your occasional jitter, I'd suggest making
> sure OpenGL vsync
> is being used (with 'mythfrontend --verbose
> playback), and make sure
> you're installing mythfrontend as SUID root.

I've tried and tried to use the "suid root" trick on
my vanilla stock 0.16 KnoppMyth R4V5 box, and every
single time I make this change and restart
mythfrontend, BANG it hangs Linux HARD.  I can't even
get ssh going to shut down gracefully.  It's power
off, power on time.  What the heck is going on???