[mythtv-users] MythWeb on Different WebServer? HELP!

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 06:50:24 UTC 2004

At 22:28 13/12/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Okay I have gotten a little bit farther.
>
>Although I cannot see where this is, I have checked my httpd.conf for
>a mysql module but I havent seen anything of the type installed on my
>backend or my debian box when I goto http://debian/mythweb/ I get this
>error now
>
>Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
>/var/www/mythweb/includes/init.php on line 62
>
>is there another apache or php module I am missing?

apt-get install php4-mysql...?

IIRC, just install php4 and mysql-server doesn't install the apache module
to link the two (I'm only used to stable, but I imagine testing and
unstable would be very similar). The postinst process should go through
your apache files and ask you if you want the MySQL modules to be loaded
along with apache.

You might also want to apt-get install phpmyadmin. Nice web-based MySQL
configurator that's sometimes nice to touch up metadata, and it should also
bring down php4-mysql as a dependency.