[mythtv-users] RE: DVB in the UK (EPG)

Andrew Wilson agwilson at rhetorical.com
Tue Dec 14 12:26:10 UTC 2004

Forgive my ignorance: Can you use this thing as a regular keyboard in X
using lirc?  That would just be dandy!

On Sunday 12 Dec 2004 20:09, Stephen Tait wrote:

 > >I use a Sky+ remote with my mythbox. Works like a charm and includes a
 > > full size keyboard under the flap. An almost perfect design for a PVR.
 > > :-)
 >
 > Oooh, tasty! Does anyone know if they sell "spares"? Does it operate
 > through LIRC, or some kinda PS/2 adapter you made from sticky backed
 > plastic...?

Oh indeed I don't have sky. They sell just the handsets for 20.... and
they're very nicely made. No problems with lirc and a homemade IR receiver.

 > Edit: I've found a site selling what purports to be one
 > http://www.thedigiboxshop.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=18, but I
 > can't see a keyboard anywhere...

You can buy them anywhere... dixons, currys etc. They flip open and
there's a
qwerty keyboard inside.