[mythtv-users] Hard Drives that Actually Work?

Paul.Buchanan at thomson.com Paul.Buchanan at thomson.com
Tue Dec 14 17:15:35 UTC 2004

> Personally, I'd go with seagate 7200.7 -- it's what I have running in
> my pundit, and has been going fine for almost a year now.  Seagate
> also has
> a longer warranty than the other companies.
>
> -Chris

Thanks for all the good information everyone!  I put in an order for a Seagate 7200.7.  Hopefully it will treat me better.

Chris,  I'm assuming that you are not taking any extra measures for cooling this drive in your pundit?  I  did some sheet metal modifications to my Pundit drive bay so that I could add cooling.  Hopefully with this new drive I can remove the cooler, as it is the noisiest item in the case by far.

Paul