[mythtv-users] MediaMVP

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Dec 14 22:26:52 UTC 2004

> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:43:57 -0500, jvolckaert at chartermi.net
> <jvolckaert at chartermi.net> wrote:
> <snip />
>   Commercial skip is the biggest feature I miss.  Video quality is
> exactly the same as my frontend used to be.
>
> i thought commercial skip was performed on the backend after the
> program was recorded???  and then just the recorded feature was sent
> to the front end.   am i missing something here?

Commercial "Detection" is performed by the backend.  Commercial "Skip"
is performed by the frontend using the information detected by the
commercial detection that the backend ran.  So, in the MediaMVP's
case, the frontend (aka MediaMVP) doesn't have the necessary feature
to use the information detected by the backend.  The shows are still
flagged (in the recordedmarkup table in the database), the MediaMVP
just doesn't ?can't? take advantage of the flagging info in order to
skip commercials.

--

Chris