[mythtv-users] hauppauge 350 tvout no go!

Dave Ashmore pubmail at djash.com
Wed Dec 15 00:03:00 UTC 2004

John Harvey wrote:

>These config & log files now have nothing about loading ivtv drivers in
>them.
>There was a post a little while ago about getting X to work on the 350. It
>might be worth looking over that and seeing if there is something that you
>have missed or follow that guide and see where you get to.
>
>If it really says that it cant open /dev/fb0 then it sounds like you don't
>have ivtv-fb module loaded.
>You can check this with lsmod.
>Also try running
>
>ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -prepframe
>
>and see if you get a constantly changing pattern on the tv out. At least
>this will prove the driver etc. are loaded and working.
>

>John

Based on the output from lspci -a what should the bus id be for my
xorg.conf file be?
/sbin/lspci -v
01:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR-350
        Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]

/bin/dmesg |grep Initialized
ivtv: Initialized WinTV PVR 350, card #0
[drm] Initialized i915 1.1.0 20040405 on minor 0:

cat /var/log/messages |grep "iTVC15 TV out"
Dec 13 20:38:34 mythbox kernel: ivtv-osd: fb0: iTVC15 TV out frame
buffer device
Dec 14 18:28:11 mythbox kernel: ivtv-osd: fb0: iTVC15 TV out frame
buffer device

BusID "0:1x9:0"?