[mythtv-users] Re: ALSA and .asoundrc help

David W Davis davidw.davis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 01:20:47 UTC 2004

Actually, I do get sound from mythmovie with the mplayer lauch command
"-ac hwac3, %s".  Although, this only gives me sound on my files with
ac3 support.  Others have no sound.  I've gotten rid of the skips in
XMMS by configuring my ALSA output device to IEC958 hw 1,2.  Is this
what I need to change in my .asoundrc?  I changed all the instances of
card 0 to card  1 and all references I saw to hw 0,0 or whatever were
in comments.  At least I'm making some progress.....  Still no sound
with mythmusic or live or recorded tv though....