[mythtv-users] Mythgame/Stella/Xmame

Ian Jackson ianjackson at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 15 08:18:26 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've been working on getting Mame and Stella working with Myth
game/KnoppMyth R4V5. I was able to force install xmame, however when I
select the game and run mame it, It freezes up completely, with a blur
of colors on the screen. I am not able to do the alt-control-backspace
to reset X. killing xmame does nothing. The Only thing that works, is a
soft or hard reset. Has anybody experience similar experience?

As well, I'm trying to get Stella going. I have numerous Atari rom
files, and I have set the path correctly. I have the roms in both .zip
and .a26,  however, the Atari menu does not appear. I assume that Myth
game is not finding the Roms. What format should they be in? has anybody
else got KnoppMyth running with .Stella?

Thanks
Ian