[mythtv-users] DVB in the UK (EPG)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Dec 15 10:25:08 UTC 2004

In message <c0e9781f041215013814d45221 at mail.gmail.com>
        Greg Cope <gregcope at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any good how to's on getting them working with Fedora Core2/3?

Well FC3 has all the drivers you need, and the bttv module loads
automatically but the frontend doesn't. After some googling I wound
up with this in /etc/modprobe.conf

  options bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x71
  install bttv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install bttv && /sbin/modprobe dvb_bt8xx && /sbin/modprobe dst

I also built dvb/adapter0/* and dvb/adapter1/* in /etc/udev/devices so
that they are copied into /dev at boot. That might not be necessary as
the frontend wasn't loading when I did that - it may be that udev will
add them automatically once you manage to load the frontend.

I then grabbed the DVB command line tools from linuxtv.org and build
scan and tzap and used those to find the channels and enter the details
in Myth.

>  > Well they came this morning and they seem to be working OK so far.
>
> Did you get the scan ones?

Yep.

Tom

--