[mythtv-users] pvr-350 tv-out hanging in live tv

Egon Burgener egon.burgener at terreactive.ch
Thu Dec 16 08:39:07 UTC 2004

I have installed Software Suspend2:
http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/

Compiling ivtv-driver will not work, since softwaresuspend adds an
additional argument to the create_workqueue funtion. Unfortunately I am
not able to provide a patch. But I think you have to edit ivtv-driver.c
and adapt all create_workqueues function calls like this:

itv->vbi_work_queues = create_workqueue("ivtv_vbi"); change to
itv->vbi_work_queues = create_workqueue("ivtv_vbi",0);

Cheers
Egon
Am Di, 2004-12-14 um 19.30 schrieb Juan C. Gallardo:
> So, what wxactly did you do to solve the problem?
>
> To the second question.
> I am using Xorg, with ivtvdev driver from the ivtv-0.2.0-rc3
> And I have DMA enable in both my DVD and my Harddisk
>

> Juan
>
> Egon Burgener wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >I am using kernel 2.6.8-1 and I had pretty the same problem with the
> >ivtv-driver. But since I have patched my kernel to use software suspend
> >2 the tv-out has never been hanging again. The software suspend patch
> >breaks the ivtv code, so you have to adapt it (I had to change 2 lines
> >in the driver source code).
> >
> >Second problem:
> >Which Xserver do you use?
> >I really recommend ivtvdev_drv_o. You will find it in the utils
> >directory of ivtv.
> >Do you have DMA enabled on your DVD-Drive?
> >Do you have DMA enabled on your Harddisk?
> >
> >cheers
> >Egon
> >
> >Am Di, 2004-12-14 um 14.03 schrieb Juan C. Gallardo:
> >

> >>Hello
> >>
> >>I just manage to get the pvr-350 work over X. It looks great! and I will
> >>like to keep using it, but I am having two problems.
> >>The first as says on the title. When I try to watch live tv it hangs,
> >>after a minute or something like that.
> >>I have selected to use the pvr-350 in the tv setup.
> >>My videos plays perfect with mplayer, from inside and outside of
> >>mythfrontend.
> >>
> >>The second problem is that if I try to watch a DVD is veeeery slow. I am
> >>using xine to play DVDs. I am guessing that it has to be something about
> >>playing MPG movies over X with the ivtv driver. So is tehre a way to use
> >>xine to play dvd over X using the pvr-350 tv output?
> >>I think I have read something about a special version of xine to use
> >>with the pvr-350. Is that what I should use? if so, where can I found it?
> >>
> >>Of course, the first problem is the most important. I really want to use
> >>the pvr output, it looks soooo much better than my nvidia output, the
> >>colors are perfect.
> >>
> >>Any idea, anyone?
> >>
> >>Thanks in advance
> >>
> >>Juan

addr://Rathausgasse 31, CH-5001 Aarau  fon://++41 62 823 9355
http://www.terreactive.com             fax://++41 62 823 9356