[mythtv-users] Consecutive programs, dual tuners

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 22:44:01 UTC 2004

> > >Wouldn't be based in Australia by any chance would you? I am and I've
> > >foudn that the program overuns are really bad. I'm thinking of setting
> > >my recordings up to always start and end 2 mins late.
> >
> > Haha, I'm also in Australia.  I have programs setup to end 10 minutes
> > late.  They rarely start early, but often start late and/or go over-time.
>
> The Apprentice started 40 minutes late tonight due to the cricket
> - very impressive.

I was thinking about this earlier. It seems that EVERYTHING starts
late so I've got my setup to record 5 minutes past the end of
everything as a default. However, I couldn't see an option to start
recording x minutes late - does anyone know if there is one (I know
there's one to start x minutes early - could it be given a -ve value
to mean start late?).

Another option would be to run the system clock 5 minutes late but I
sync with a NTP server and I don't know if it's possible to sync and
then adjust by +5 minutes.

Regards,
Phill