[mythtv-users] Consecutive programs, dual tuners

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Dec 16 22:54:44 UTC 2004

Phill Edwards wrote:

>>>Haha, I'm also in Australia.  I have programs setup to end 10 minutes
>>>late.  They rarely start early, but often start late and/or go over-time.
>>>

>>The Apprentice started 40 minutes late tonight due to the cricket
>>- very impressive.
>>

>I was thinking about this earlier. It seems that EVERYTHING starts
>late so I've got my setup to record 5 minutes past the end of
>everything as a default. However, I couldn't see an option to start
>recording x minutes late - does anyone know if there is one (I know
>there's one to start x minutes early - could it be given a -ve value
>to mean start late?).

I'm pretty sure you can put a negative value in for start early to
effectively start late.  One of the things on my list of things to look
at is allowing the scheduler to start recording overlapping programs if
the overlap ends within X minutes of the start of the program that
normally would not have been recorded to account for those 1-2 minute
over-runs that NBC and ABC seem to like to do now.

Kevin