[mythtv-users] Consecutive programs, dual tuners

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 03:01:45 UTC 2004

> What I'm proposing is this.  Currently if a recording goes from 8pm to
> 9:01pm and another goes from 9:00pm to 10:00pm, the second will not be
> recorded (assuming 1 tuner) because of the overlap.  I'd like the
> scheduler, at 9:01pm, to recognize that program 2 is only 1 minute into
> the show and start recording it when the tuner becomes available despite
> the 1 minute overlap resulting in 1 minute missing from the second
> show.   I don't like setting  the "record late" option on program 2
> because it will *always* record late even when there is no conflict.

In an earlier discussion on this it was stated that when there's an
overlap like this it stops recording the 1st one automatically and
starts recording the 2nd at the time the 2nd is due to start - even if
the 1st one was supposed to run on. So, if that's correct it already
does what you're proposing except that it doesn't wait for the tuner
to become available. I think we need to get a firm statement on just
what does happen in this circumstance.

Of course the sure-fire solution is to get a 2nd tuner card!