[mythtv-users] Remote Control Hardware

Drew Zerdecki dzerdecki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 03:53:56 UTC 2004

What kind of hardware do I need to have MythTv control my 2 DirectTv
boxes?  Both have serial interfaces so my thoughts are that I plug a IR
receiver into a USB port and have two serial cables running from the
myth box to the directtv boxes?  And I control this whole setup with
LIRC and MythTv?  If the fancy new Asus motherboard I am looking at only
has one internal serial connector (no external?)  am I in trouble?  Are
addon serial cards supported?

Thanks for the help.  Any hardware recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew