[mythtv-users] DTIVO v. MythTV (Pvr-350) Quality

David George david at thegeorges.us
Fri Dec 17 19:14:52 UTC 2004

On 12/17/2004 11:55 AM, Drew Zerdecki wrote:

> If I switch over from a DirecTiVo to MythTV will I notice a decline in
> recording quality?  I will output from a pvr-350 card (still using the
> directv for source)?  I also want to get MythTv for the hacking around
> value, but if my Dtivo would be better quality as it records without a
> converting to analog, I might think twice.

I haven't really noticed a difference.  I don't use the PVR-350 for
output, but I have switched from a Hughes DirecTiVo (series 2) to purely
using myth now and the output (through an nVidia FX5200 ultra with VGA
to component converter) looks the same to me.  I am now using two RCA
DRD435 going into PVR-250 with SVideo (and stereo audio) for capture
with the default settings.  I haven't setup anything to capture the
DD5.1 output so this may be one thing you might have an issue with.

--
David