[mythtv-users] Several tuners, livetv only on some?

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 20:21:06 UTC 2004

You could give the bttv card a higher priority than the pvrs so as to
make sure that there is a pvr free for livetv, but I don't see how
that would help, as you're still encoding and decoding at the same
time, and unless you have a hardware decoder for the mpeg2 (like a
350,) I believe that mpeg4 takes less proc power to decode.

If you're box can't do livetv on the bttv card, it most likely can't
do livetv while *using* the bttv card either.  If there are really
three things you want to watch at once, you may have to wait till some
of em finish.

Also, if I were you, I'd set the pvr cards at a higher priority
anyways, since they should have a bit higher quality, in addition to
not pegging your processor.

-Nate