[mythtv-users] No sound in mythtv

Ståle Undheim meidos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 04:16:59 UTC 2004

After some problems I finally got sound working in video4linux. Sound
is through a cabel into line-in on my soundcard. The TV card is
pinnacle PCTV pro - running linux debian sid 2.6.9-1-686. It works
fine in tvtime and xawtv, but not in mythtv.

The first thing I found that I should correct was to set the recording
flag on line-in, and mute it. I did this. Then I tried tvtime again,
no sound, as expected. But if I do aplay /dev/dsp I get the tv-sound,
although a bit delayed. In mythtv I have /dev/dsp as the sound device,
but still no sound.

Any suggestions to where the problem could be?