[mythtv-users] Re: atrpms-package-config vs medley-package-config (was: Fresh FC1 and Myth 0.16 install observations/questions)

George Lopez geokimlopez at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 19 06:00:21 UTC 2004

I saw this posting and thought it might help me fix
the fact that I do not have a kde line in my
sources.list file.  However, I am too much of a newb
to know 1.  If this is my solution.  2.  If it is the
required solution, what actions I need to take to get
the expanded sources.list file.

I would appreciate any info/help anyone can provide.
PLEASE!

Thanks

 On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 08:24:40AM -0500, Michael J.
Lynch wrote:
> 3. The sources.list file after "apt-get
dist-upgrade" is
> significantly different than it was not too long
ago. Can not do
> "apt-get install gnome-alsamixer" unless freshrpms
are added. Are there
> any plans to correct this?

The default installation is giving you a minimal
sources.list in order
to have a streamlined mythtv install.

You can replace atrpms-package-config with
medley-package-config to
get the old behaviour back:

http://atrpms.net/name/medley-package-config/

This package has sources.list and yum.conf
prepopulated with various
useful repositories.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
--- Kttii Tom Thompson <kttii at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I ran into the same problem 2 days ago when I tried
> to upgrade my myth box.
> If you try to install mythdvd you get an error about
> transcode, if you
> install transcode you get more errors...  I'm not
> real proficient at fixing
> problems and ended up starting from scratch with FC3
> and just finished
> installing myth suit with no problems.
>
> Not a real helpful solution, but it works  :)
>
> TOM
> kttii at hotmail.com

d=yahoo.com;b=JUojfb+mOUXklTGGa8PRxBMZhc8pAYkZZ1yJhxKB/imi7DBRJcD5tTzr/ZNJWUD+raaYx6n0Laiw7yo7YwpXddGVhRZfTktoUKDdx1ur9i/jzPAqJTO0CxnNB9s6Q+2VqRV9YkdpasGOBRevPtfwHj0xc1kQBODhG26rhHgk8Xg=;

<mailto:mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org?subject=help>