[mythtv-users] Beginner Question

Gerald S gerald at geraldandnicole.com
Sun Dec 19 21:21:25 UTC 2004

JAC,  awesome info...it is really helping.  But theoretically, a solution
that used an analog HD capture solution would get around the encrypted
channel issue, correct?  I know the firewire connection would have better
quality, reamaining digital, but likely be encrypted.

I would think that as HD PVR gets more popular, more cable companies will
start encyrpting the signal.  So the work around would be using the analog
HD signal to do the recording, right?  Most people talk about firewire
coming out (digital), and not component video (analog), what direction do
you think it is heading?  Being with Time Warner, I know that they probably
have (or will have) every channel encypted (and only unencrypt the
commercials:) so the hope of using firewire for me will be small.

Thanks again!
Gerald