[mythtv-users] SEGV in mythfrontend (CVS version) when changing channels

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Dec 20 17:59:22 UTC 2004

I apologize for that.  I *thought* I had only cut/pasted the e-mail
address and didn't notice that the MUA had carried across the thread
tracking info too.  I won't post anymore on this thread.  (And I apologize
again for this reply on this "wrong" thread but I guess that was
unavoidable now.)

Be advised that I've created bugzilla id #181 regarding the SEGV crash,
which I now realize should have been what to do the first time.

  -Mike

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Kyle Rose wrote:

> Please don't start a new thread by replying to an existing thread.  It
> screws up threaded mail readers.
>
> Kyle
>
> Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> writes:
>
> > I've been chasing a problem where mythfrontend dies with a SEGV when a
> > channel change takes place.  I've gotten pretty far into this and I'm
> > fairly convinced that it's a race condition that starts with the decoder
> > thread and eventually wipes out the thread running the video loop.  Here's
> > a (rough) sequence.  Note that line numbers are approximate due to my
> > insertions of traceprint in order to understand the problem:

    POSITIVELY NO       |                             | 03 54 43 4D 75 E5 CC 92
 UNSOLICITED JUNK MAIL! |   isely @ pobox (dot) com   | 71 16 01 E2 B5 F5 C1 E8