[mythtv-users] What happens when my cable company switches to digital?

Sim simon.hampton at freebel.net
Mon Dec 20 20:43:43 UTC 2004

Next summer my cable company are going to switch on the digital TV and then i
will need to use a STB to access the new channels.  As I understand it with
analogue, if I have two tuner cards i can watch and record two channels at
once.  But if I have a STB does that produce only one channel so that having
two tuners becomes meaningless (unless I get two digital decoders - which
would just make everything very messy).

I know you can't tell me exactly what the Belgians will get, but what is the
experience of those that already use STBs to get their cable (i think that
includes most Americans?)

Simon