[mythtv-users] Sky+ Navigator remote and Hauppauge PVR 350 IR receiver?

Nick Morrott pvr at insidethex.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 12:42:56 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ashley Bostock" <abostock at gmail.com>
To: "Nick Morrott" <pvr at insidethex.co.uk>; "Discussion about mythtv"
<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 8:19 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Sky+ Navigator remote and Hauppauge PVR 350 IR
receiver?

> I'm considering getting one of these as well, I have a hauppauge
> nova-t card, would it be the same for setting up on all hauppauge IR
> receivers?

If it works I should imagine so - according to Hauppauge UK any RC5 based
remote *should* work with their IR receivers.

> On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:18:40 -0000, Nick Morrott <pvr at insidethex.co.uk>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do any UK users currently run a Sky+ navigator remote control (the
useful
> > one with the keyboard) with the IR receiver of the Hauppauge PVR350
card? I
> > am interested in getting one for my system but will be using the one
serial
> > port to control my NTL box, so don't have the option of another IR
receiver
> > device in the system. I'm not sure whether the IR received connected to
the
> > PVR card will only work with the Hauppauge remotes.

Ashley (and others),

I've tried getting the Hauppauge IR receiver to cooperate with this remote -
having tried the RC5, RC5a and a couple of Sky+ Navigator lircd.conf files
I've found working in raw mode but not no avail. The Hauppauge remote works
with the RC5 based conf files, but the Sky+ doesn't (may be RC6 based - are
configs for this control set available?)

irw gives no feedback when testing the Sky+ remote, and irrecord fails after
getting no input for 10 seconds, even with the --force option.

It therefore seems that I will need a separate receiver to get this
particular remote control to work in my system.

The next problem is having only 1 serial port. I have heard that it is
possible to get a combined receiver/transmitter that runs off a single
serial port - are these available to buy from homebrew engineers (so I don't
have to try and make one!) I'd already bought a couple of transmitters from
irblaster.info which arrived very quickly, but now it seems they will be
redundant.

Any tips or suggestions would be warmly appreciated,

Nick
England

(the Tx needs to be able to control the NTL 4001 dig cable box - RC5 I
think)