[mythtv-users] Guide data problems

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Tue Dec 21 19:01:19 UTC 2004

On December 21, 2004 02:28 pm, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Mark J. Small wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I've got a rather annoying problem with the guide data.  I live in
> > Canada, and use datadirect to download the data.
>
> What is your Postal code and source provider?
>
> > The problem is that the 13-day away data is often incomplete, and is not
> > refreshed until the day before.
>
> Mythfilldatabase is supposed to re-fill these partial days and
> this works for most everyone except, apparently, some areas in
> Canada. If I could test the data from a provider where this is
> a problem, it will likely be easy to fix.
>
> --  bjm

My provider is Eastlink (Analog), and my postal code is B0M 1P0.  I find  that
the problem is most common on my channel  26 (YTV). Or perhaps I notice it
the most there because I like to record some of their evening programming.

Sometimes  (only sometimes...) the guide data will be missing from 8:00 PM
till midnight (Atlantic Standard Time).  If I search by channel, there will
be a listing for 7:30, then a listing for 12:00.  If I look in the program
guide, it will show "Unknown (Unknown)".

I just had a peek at my program guide, and data for most of the Canadian
channels in the guide is missing from 8:00 to midnight on December 31.  There
is data starting at midnight on Jan 1. Programs that straddle midnight are
shown with the correct start time.

I flushed my guide data yesterday, and it has been updated today.

Here's some speculation:  What if the data is inputted each day by the zap2it
people, originally in Pacific time.  When I try to fetch it, data gets
retrieved from midnight till 8 PM, but the last 4 hours is missing, since it
belongs to the next day in the data source time zone.  Somehow mythtv doesn't
recognise that the data is incomplete, and doesn't try to fetch it again
until d-1.

Mark