[mythtv-users] Need help with HDTV Out Jitter

Steve Frank steve.frank at bevcore.com
Tue Dec 21 22:12:08 UTC 2004

[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of >Doug Larrick
>Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 2:16 PM
>To: Discussion about mythtv
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Need help with HDTV Out Jitter

>Steve Frank wrote:
>> Thanks Doug. That modeline results in little or no change. Are you
>> doing 960X540p out of DVI? It appears that's where the issue is. The
>> frame is about 8 pixels above the N+1 frame.  Interlacing and running

>> at 1080i gets the frames a little closer to each other, but not
converged.

>I use a VGA->Component Video converter to a Sony direct-view CRT HDTV.
>I'm showing GUI at 960x540, video at 1920x540, and std def stuff at
720x480.

>It's my experience that DVI reports the modes it wants to use back to
the video card, the >>>video card uses them, and you don't have much
influence over the situation.  But this was >a year and a half ago;
maybe things have changed.

Yes.  Normal DVI does. The Option "IgnoreEDID" "1" setting is what tells
the Nvidia driver to not listen to that. Since I'm doing DVI -> HDMI it
won't work to listen to the monitor, since the display isn't going to
say. :-) My TV is "not designed to be connected to a computer." as the
manual says.  I never followed the rules.

Based on other things I've heard on this list, it appears my issues are
in using DVI.  I suspect a VGA->Component Adapter is in my near future.
Then things just plain "work."

:-)

Steve