[mythtv-users] pcHDTV.com defaced AGAIN

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 22:57:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:44:00 -0500, Anthony Vito  wrote:
> > Can someone reach out to Jack/folks and tell them to fix their WWW site again?
> >
> > Wow - someone doesn't like them.
> >

> Script kiddies don't discriminate. They'll just hack whatever known
> exploits are available for whatever server.

As a postscript to this, a worm is hitting the phpBB forum software.
It uses google to find targets.  pcHDTV.com was vulnerable because
google has them indexed (google search "powered by phpBB
site:pchdtv.com" to see how the worm found them).  The "13" means it's
the 13th infection of that particular instance of the worm.

The poor pcHDTV fellas just can't catch a break.  Hope they had backups...

If you run phpBB sites...well, I'm sure you already know.

Geoff