[mythtv-users] TV Output

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Dec 22 10:00:27 UTC 2004

In message <1e71196a04122201534a69979b at mail.gmail.com>
        Stephen Williams <stephen.gw at gmail.com> wrote:

> As you noticed, Nvidia restrict some of the values in their modelines
> to multiples of 8. Taking that into account this is the closest
> possible modeline for 720x576 to the PAL spec:
>
> ModeLine "720x576pali" 13.875 720 744 808 888 576 581 586 625 -hsync
> -vsync interlace
>
> If that doesn't give you a stable image then you have a different problem.

Thanks for that - the horizontal values there are the same ones
that I wound up but the vertical ones are slightly different.

I did get a stable image in the end actually. It was a hardware
problem after all - it helps if you connect the generated composite
sync to the right pin on the SCART connector ;-)

The image is a bit high and too far to the right at the moment but
other than that it looks excellent and fills the screen nicely
unlike the S-Video output.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)