[mythtv-users] xmltv feed via nxtvepg and mythfilldatabase solved! (..or...why can't I get programming in Switzerland?)

peter.greis at ubs.com peter.greis at ubs.com
Wed Dec 22 10:03:25 UTC 2004

Greetings All,

After ripping into mythfilldatabase with a debugger, it looked like the program info was not getting filled. Working backwards, I discovered that nxtvepg run in batch mode (nxtvepg -dump xml -provider merged > /tmp/tvlistings.xml) exports using the 0.6 version of the xmltv dtd. Mythfilldatabase only currently understands version 0.5. Currently, you must use the menu item to export xmltv format as version 0.5.

I posted on the nxtvepg forum to see if we can get another option to export version 0.5 from the command line. OTOH, is anyone working on getting xmltv 0.6 dtd support into mythfilldatabase ?

regards,

-Peter