[mythtv-users] Re: Weird Freezing Problem - Hopefully My Last Problem

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Wed Dec 22 16:29:34 UTC 2004

Don Brett wrote:

>I don't have this problem and I'm no expert, but you asked, so:
>
>1. It's probably related to frame buffers or video drivers for your
>specific board.
>2. I have friends that claim linux can't be locked up,,,, unless you're
>doing something with frame buffers.

Linux can't be locked up by a user process.  It can, however, appear to be
locked up by a high priority user process that is not giving up
timeslice.  Linux
(and most every OS) can, in fact, be locked up by a bug in any kernel  code
(driver, etc).

--

Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown