[mythtv-users] pvr-250

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Dec 24 18:42:29 UTC 2004

>>> neil-on-mythtv at restricted.dyndns.org 12/24/2004 12:55:57 PM >>>
> Am I correct that there is only one model of PVR-250 that works with

> linux and mythtv, right? Just want to make sure that I'm not buying a

> pvr-250 that only works with Windows. It's because, the link that I
found
> mentions the name Win on the model,
> http://www.hauppage.com/pages/products/data_pvr250.html
>
> And based from some of the threads that I've seen on this mailing
list, 250
> is the best for mythtv. Is that correct?
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thanks,

Either one of the 250s work, but it's the card id that you need to
be wary of.  Some of the newer model 250s have a card id that is
not yet incorporated into ivtv.  You'll only know once you get it
an put it into the machine.  If it doesn't work, there's not much to
worry about.  Most of the time you just need to either add your
card id to the command line or modprobe (I think...).

Paul