[mythtv-users] Can't attach LWP xxx operation not permitted.

Joshua King jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 26 04:24:39 UTC 2004

Hi Christian

On 26/12/04 11:35 AM, "Christian Hack" <christianh at edmi.com.au> wrote:

> The only thing I have changed lately is to upgrade to latest CVS

My guess would be that you've got mythfrontend setuid root (I don't know how
old your previous version of myth is) and the new thread is the thread owned
by root.

The HOWTO mentions this, http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html
under Enabling real-time scheduling of the display thread, note " Making
this change will affect your ability to run mythfrontend within gdb for
debugging purposes. If you need to debug, you will need to run as root."

If this is not your problem, ignore me :)

Joshua King