[mythtv-users] S3 Savage TV Out Overscan?

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 26 08:59:15 UTC 2004

I just picked up a mini shuttle case and mobo. It has a built in S3 Savage
video card with a Chrontel 7005 tv encoder chip that looks great. But I
can't get overscan to work on it. I'm having a hard time even finding any
info on the SAVAGE driver i'm using in xorg, and all references to this
chrontel chip seem to say to use the sis driver but X wouldn't load when I
tried it..

Any ideas? There's a couple posts on this exact box/mobo/video card on the
list but nobody has really responded over the years.

Gentoo post i found, but no overscan help:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=206581&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=362fc96b1cbb878f88df1d8eafb3aa1c