[mythtv-users] Prob setting up PVR350 card using ivtv

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Sun Dec 26 11:53:05 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I have an PAL PVR-350 card, running Debian Unstable, trying to set up
the PVR350 card.  The card is connected to the TV via the SCART plug,
and the digital STB is connected to the PVR-350 via the composite
connector.  I am following the ivtv's PAL TV-out guide.  The driver
seems to be loading fine, I'm able to send a test pattern image to the
TV using "insmod saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=1 test_image=1"
but it's in black and white, but my TV's not S-Video compatiable and not
quite NTSC compatiable (shows a black and white image) so am ignoring
colours for now.  Anyway, I go to the next step where it says to do:

insmod saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=1

but I see werid flickering diagonal lines

Anyway, I then do an:

/usr/local/bin/test_ioctl -u 0xff -p 6

and do an:

cat /dev/video > test.mpg

and try to play that back on a different computer - and I only get a
black and white image but shows up OK?

Also when I do:

ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -noglobalalpha -localalpha

then

dd if=/dev/video of=/dev/video16 bs=64k

I get a complete terrible picture on the TV - I think it's due to the
saa7127 not being loaded properly?  Also the guide says to look in
/var/log/messages to find out the correct bit for "of" but it never says
anything about /dev/video in messages anywhere?

If it's of any help, here's the snippet of the /var/log/messages
containing everything to do with ivtv:

http://www.biased.org/logs/ivtv_log

Thanks very much for your help in advance

Cheers - Piers