[mythtv-users] ivtv & bttv with one sound card

Ryan A. Carris racarris at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 16:53:48 UTC 2004

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 03:13:23 -0500, Da Worm <daworm at comcast.net> wrote:
> Running frontend and backend on the same machine with both a PVR-250 and BT878 card, is it possible to have only a single sound card and record sound to both cards (and possibly watch one of them while it records)?
>
> I'm running FC3, and I had tried Gentoo before.  I seem to recall having a /dev/dsp0 and /dev/dsp1 in the Gentoo setup (but never got anything working well there).  With the FC3 setup, I've tried all I can think of to get /dev/dsp0 and /dev/dsp1 but all I get is /dev/dsp.
>
> What am I missing?

Yes it works.  I have a system with both a itvt and bttv card running
FC3.  I just used Jarods insturctions last month, and all is good.
I'm guessing it is one of two errors, either your modprobe.conf or
mixer.

He has a section on what your modprob.conf should look like for the
combination.  It is further down then the section describing just an
itvt or two ivtv, so make sure you read it all.

The other big thing is setting your mixer settings.  In Kmix, make
sure you click on the input tab.  I usually have to click som bizaar
sequence before it works correctly, but make sure you line-in is set
to record and is muted.

BTW, what is the problem you are having?