[mythtv-users] PVR350 TV OUT stability - scrap PVR playback?

Dan Boger mythtv at peeron.com
Tue Dec 28 13:18:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 12:39:17AM -0000, Derek Conniffe wrote:
> What do other people out there do and has anyone else had problems
> like me?

I've been using the 350's TV out for about a year now (maybe a bit
longer?), and am currently using Myth 0.16 on FC3.  It's been pretty
stable, with no playback hangs in a long time (at least 6 months).  Only
problem that I just started seeing recently is that my backend crashes
when I try to view the scheduled recordings, but that has nothing to do
with the 350 - it happens via mythweb, or when I run a frontend on my
linux desktop as well.

So as far as the 350 TV out goes, I'm very happy.  I do not use it for
MythVideo at all (since the machine is a 450 and doesn't have the CPU
for it) - I only use it for recorded TV (who watches live TV anymore
anyway?!?)

HTH!

Dan