[mythtv-users] X through PVR350 probs

sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com
Tue Dec 28 21:38:25 UTC 2004

I don't think I explained it well enough.. but keep in mind that when you start an X session that will lock up a virtual console, so before you can start a second X session you will need to switch to a different virtual console. Also, a X server will register itself as a particular :X display... so you will need to specify (probably with the PVR 350's session to use maybe :1) the display.

I haven't had time to finish that page of mine, which the stuff I mention here is what is missing. I've thought to check out the VNC server / Xvnc to see how it works, it doesn't lock up a virtual terminal, but it does behave as a display device (even thought it is a virtual display).