[mythtv-users] Update notes for Jarod's guide 2

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Wed Dec 29 14:04:26 UTC 2004

Some updated notes on why /etc/rc.local is NOT the proper file!

The file /etc/rc.local is used for SYSTEM startup. If one needs a new
variable for all users one should use a file like /etc/profile and add:

MYKERNEL=`uname -r`
export MYKERNEL

Hugo.

PS: I suppose other solutions may be more upgrade resilient.