[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup: command not found error

George Lopez geokimlopez at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 05:21:20 UTC 2004

OK, so I am an idiot.  That was definitely an "Aha!!"
kind of tab.  So now that I have done an apt-get for
mythtvsetup, I have a new problem.  I cannot access
mysql.  I tried first as mythtv user, then as root.
No success either way.  I wish I knew where I went
woefully wrong.  Would this whole process be easier if
I downloaded and did an install based on FC2 vs FC1 or
FC3?
See below for my mythtvsetup issue.

Thanks in advance,
George

[mythtv at localhost mythtv]$ mythtvsetup
Unable to connect to database!
Driver error was [1/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using
password: YES)

Unable to open database:
Driver error was:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using
password: YES)
[mythtv at localhost mythtv]$ su root
Password:
[root at localhost mythtv]# mythtvsetup
Session management error: Authentication Rejected,
reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication
failed
Unable to connect to database!
Driver error was [1/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using
password: YES)

Unable to open database:
Driver error was:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using
password: YES)
[root at localhost mythtv]#